Thursday 1 February 2018

Cook Book Review: Yotam Ottolenghi JERUSALEM



Having watched Yotum Ottonlenghi's cookery program a little while ago, we purchased the cookery book on a wave of vegetable enthusiasm. Although not a Vegetarian book, many of the recipes have vegetables as their stars rather than meat.

As part of our frugal snob project, one of the tenants is to try new foods and to start cooking from the literally hundreds of cookery books we own. Having not touched 'Jerusalem' since we got it, I decided to try both a vegetarian and meat based recipes from the book - and I am so pleased I did; I feel that my cooking has been injected with a fresh and interesting new lease of life.

Pearl Barley Risotto with
marinated feta cheese.
An absolutely gorgeous dish
packed full of big flavours and
the ideal comfort food. 

The flavours are full and the dishes just different enough to make it feel like a real foodie experience. I like the little anecdotes and extra information that heads up the recipes, and the instructions are clearly laid out, if not a little unnecessarily complicated in places.

Chicken with Caramelised onion
and cardamon rice with barberries.
This made a huge portions is
great for a big crowd.  
I highly recommend this cook book for those who love food adventures and who want to embrace food that is both familiar and exotic all at the same time. If you love aromatics and spices, this book is for you. It's also great for big family or crowd cooking. 

I highly recommend this book and give it 5 STARS.  


No comments:

Post a Comment