Thursday 3 January 2013

Bargain of the Week: Cast Iron Casserole Pot JUST £25.00




Two weeks before Christmas, a terrible tragedy took place in our kitchen. I was cooking a beautiful kleftico lamb shoulder joint in my lovely blue le Creuset casserole dish - on what I thought was a very low heat. Somehow amongst the chaos the cooker knob found its way to over 200c. The result, when we returned home from the park, was a very sad looking piece of lamb and a burned out le Cruset dish.
I literally wept. At over £120.00 a throw, my le Creuset casserole is - was - a beloved item. It was used at least three to four meals a week and waved a magic wand over casseroles and slow roasts. There was no way with Christmas approaching that I could justify spending out on a cooking pot. (Despite them being 25% off in the Bentals department store.)

So after a very Le Creuset bereft Christmas, imagine my delight at finding this little baby in Sainsbury's. It's currently half price at £25.00 which is a snip. It weighs, feels and looks like a Le Creuset, and so far the early signs are that it is going to cook just like a Le Creuset. It's got a great weight to it and is sturdy and solid. 

The offer runs until 29th January 2013. 



No comments:

Post a Comment